It Can Be Done! (Daniel 1)

Perhaps like you, I am raising children on this polarizing, dangerous and sometimes terrifying planet. I have had people tell me that they would never bring children into this world. I’ve had other people advise me not to bring any more children into this world. (Ironically, I was not soliciting their advice.) Raising godly children […]

Unenviable Ministry (Ezekiel)

There are a couple of people in scripture who had absolutely unenviable ministries. For real. How many of us would sign-up to deliver God’s message to people that God flat-out told us would never listen? Enter the prophet Jeremiah. (Jer. 7:27) The people were so grateful that Jewish tradition says they stoned him to death. […]

People Are the Whole Point (Lamentations)

I watched a shocking interview between two famous television evangelists where the two of them were discussing the need that they had for fleets (yes, fleets) of private jets to get them from one ministry appointment to another. I’m not at all opposed to ministries owning private jets if that is what is necessary for […]

Biblical Prophecy (Jeremiah 50)

Biblical prophecy is a fascinating study. According to experts, as of today, 87% of prophecies in the Bible have been fulfilled. (The remaining 13% will be fulfilled in the end times.) The chances that all of these prophecies could be accurately predicted in the way that they were apart from Divine intervention is astronomical! Take, […]

Too Obvious to Ignore (Jeremiah 40)

Sometimes the hand of God in a situation is so powerful and so dramatic that even non-believers find it too obvious to ignore. Such is the case of Nebuzaradan, commander of the guard under King Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. When the Babylonian army completely destroyed the city of Jerusalem and carried out all but the […]

God’s Broken Heart (Jeremiah 1-30)

If you have ever made it through the entire book of Jeremiah, it feels exactly like watching a parent with a naughty child. The parent has warned, threatened, and begged their child to stop behaving so badly and the kid just. won’t. stop. Finally, the parent has had enough. The hammer is coming down! The […]

Keep Reading (Esther 9 and 10)

Read until the very end of the book of Esther and you might just say, “Wow! That is not the Veggie Tales version of that story!” We tend to end the telling of Esther’s story with the triumphant moment when evil Haman is swinging from a gallows and Esther has saved her people. “On the […]

Dressed for Success (Esther 5)

I recently had a conversation with a woman who was devastated that her niece, whom she had not bothered to see more than a handful of times, and had no real relationship with, was not enthusiastically taking her advice on dating and marriage, now that the aunt had all of a sudden decided to jump […]